Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard Bonanza!

I have always had a secret love for the destruction that winter storms can bring. Despite all of our fancy machines, Mother Nature can bring us to a standstill in mere hours. It is truly a humbling experience.

So this afternoon I went for a walk around my neighborhood to peruse her work. I think she went a little hard on us this time. It is almost as if Mother Nature ate way too many black beans last night. She held those farts in for so long and finally unleashed her snowy farts on us with intense velocity.

The white out conditions last night, the foot plus of snow the Chicago area is currently digging out of, and the deep freeze we will experience tonight are far more than we all deserve at once.

That's why I will spend the rest of the afternoon revving my car's engine in my driveway until the tank is empty. You want to fuck with us Mother Nature? Well this guy will return the favor.

My house, post digging out.

Our wonderful city has decided today would be a good day to give off the plow drivers

Why are they called snow drifts? I prefer snow dunes. 
You may not be able to tell, but I'm walking on the street. Where exactly are my tax dollars going?  


No comments:

Post a Comment